Speech topics for kids
You may find it odd that you have to search the internet to discover something to get your kids talking. Most of the time the problem is kids talk far too much!
If your child has been asked to deliver a speech in class, at Scouts or a local public speaking club, you may find their ideas and desire to talk suddenly dry up.
Worry not, for we at Public Speaking for Kids can help. Below we have a list of topics for speeches for kids that may inspire them to open their mouths again. If you need more help you can download some of our speech templates to get the creative ball rolling for your kid's speech.
For age group 15-18, male or female:
1. Why recycling is so important
2. All children should be given a chance to explore nature
3. Being an artist is just as respectable as being a doctor
For age group 11-14, male or female:
1. Who is the real King of Pop: Michael Jackson or Justin Bieber?
2. Winning is not what matters; it is all about trying.
3. Is technology moving too fast for us humans to keep up?
4. What would happen if children taught teachers for a day?
5. Should volunteering for a charity be a compulsory part of children’s education?
6. How to be a great team member
7. Mother’s Day and Father’s Day should be every day
8. Packed lunches are healthier than school dinners
9. Parents do not understand how tough it is to be a child these days
10. What makes a good teacher?
For age group 7-10, male or female:
1. My favourite fruit is…
2. My favourite book/film is…
3. How I taught Grandma and Grandpa to use the internet
4. My future ambitions
5. What I like doing in the summer holidays
6. My favourite hobbies
7. What would happen if children ruled the world?
8. Home cooked food is so delicious
9. We can’t stop time so make the most of every day
10. You don’t need a lot of friends to be happy
Make the world an oyster for your children: get them involved in Public Speaking for Kids!